Join our 2023 cohort! Apply now. Sessions start January 11, 2023.
Zero to Five Missoula County we launched the first Parent Leadership Training Institute in 2021 in partnership with the National Parent Leadership Institute.
The Parent Leadership Training Institute enables parents to become leading advocates for children. Parents’ opinions are often unheard. They lack advocacy skills, but not the motivation or will to change their children’s lives. The PLTI teaches parents, who wish to improve the lifelong health, safety and learning of children, how to become practiced change agents for the next generation.
The first session of Missoula PLTI began in October, 2021. Parent participants engage in 20 weeks of leadership and democracy training and complete a community project.
Interested in learning more? Email us.
Thanks to our sponsors for helping make PLTI possible!
Our Civic Design Team members
• Jennifer Banna, Montana Family to Family Health Information Center
• Molly Bradford, Gatherboard
• Pam Carlton, Missoula Public Library
• Devi Cole, Montana Women Vote
• Rebecca Goe, Partnership Health Center
• Kira Huck, Foundation for Community Health
• Rachel Huff-Doria
• Toffer Lehnherr, Partnership Health Center
• Katie Little, Families First Learning Lab
• Laci Rathbun, 406Families; Donation Warehouse
• Katrina Thorness
• Emma Young, Child Care Resources
Fostering physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth for Missoula’s youth.
Removing obstacles and paving the way for hard working families to get ahead financially.
Working to ensure that everyone in Missoula has the tools they need to live a healthy life.